Tuesday 12 April 2011

A new start


I have decided today will be a new day.

I am going to start my week afresh consuming only foods that make my body happy.

I have started off my day with my home made muesli.
Fodmap friendly may I suggest

I have eaten for morning tea, 15 grapes.
I will follow this by having for lunch 2 pieces of spelt bread with a slice of cheese accompanied by my home made pesto, toasted.

Afternoon tea is carrot sticks with 5 rice crackers.

I have decided to share my recipe with you all.


Home made Muesli (Fodmap friendly)

2 cups oats (gluten free, untoasted)
½ cup maple syrup.
1/3 cup cranberries
1/3 cup macadamia nuts
1/3 cup almonds


1)    Combine all ingredients into a large bowl mixing together until evenly combined.
2)    Place the ingredients onto a heat proof tray and place under the grill until toasted.
 (Mix the ingredients together every 5 mins until all oats are evenly toasted)
3)    The muesli should change to a nice golden colour.
4)    Place Muesli into an airtight containerand it will last up to 4 weeks.

Note: You can add whatever nuts and fruit you wish to the Muesli


Happy breakfast everybody !

No comments:

Post a Comment